Thursday, October 17, 2013

Rock-tober: Day 17

Back in college, a group of lady friends once asked me what physical trait I first noticed about a woman. Holy crap. Talk about a loaded question. I looked around the room - all eyes were on me and I was the only guy. The doors were too far away for an easy exit, and the pause I took to consider my situation had lapsed into uncomfortable silence. I stumbled along and extricated myself rather diplomatically.

"Her eyes. Definitely her eyes."

"Awwww."

Pfft. Even as a young lad, I knew the window to extricate myself was small and closing, and they'd soon be lobbing another grenade my way. Their curiosity temporarily sated as they discussed this new intel among themselves, I quickly left to hang with my non-introspective bros.

If I were posed that question today, I would honestly and unapologetically say I'm definitely a legs guy. I've told Andrea many times I love to watch her walk away. Apart from the fact that she'd kill me - again - I'd dedicate this song to her.

"Legs" came off the album, Eliminator, as a single in 1984, and the video made for "Legs" became a freakin' classic. It told the time honored story of redemption and a winning underdog underpinned with themes from a rock and roll fairy tale.

Our two very likable heroes were assisted in their quest for happiness by several great pairs of legs, bearded fairy godfathers, fuzzy spinning guitars, and a tricked out 1933 Ford coupe.

Whoa. God bless America.







No comments: