Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Rock-tober 15 2014

So...this is going to take some explaining. Today's song is well outside the usual rotation of music I carry with me. But today was different. It started at 4AM when my brain wakes up and will not go back to sleep. Fine. I trudge in to work a few hours early only to be slammed by meeting after meeting and competing deadlines.

Next, a massive storm front moves through the area just before my commute home. Of course everyone now in close proximity to me has forgotten how to drive. Wonderful

I get back to Laurel with just enough time to prep for a 7PM meeting that surprisingly doesn't go past its scheduled end at 8:30. Hmph. Things are looking up. There's even talk of going to a local restaurant for a quick bite. By this time Andrea has joined me and we head to the restaurant together. We step out of the car, close the doors, and I hear the lock click. In a wonderfully synchronized look of horror we instinctively realize we've locked both sets of keys in the car.

Now comes the scramble to find insurance cards and phone numbers to roadside assistance. "We'll be there in 45 minutes or less," we're told by the anonymous voice on the other end of the line. Forty-five minutes becomes 2 hours. The restaurant kicked us out an hour ago, and did I mention the temperature dropped by a jillion degrees?

Well, dude finally shows up, takes a look at our car, grabs some gear from his trunk, and opens the door in under 15 seconds. All I could do was shake my head.

I know, I know. First world problems, right? Well, we all need reminders every now and then to take a step back, chill, and at least attempt to find the bright spot in the situation. In this case, I got to have dinner out with my wife and still made it home in time to crank out today's entry just before the midnight deadline.


No comments: