Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rock-tober: Day 1

A few years ago, Andrea and I invited another couple over for dinner on Valentine's Day. Andrea was in charge of the menu and I was responsible for the evening's music selection. Drawing on my vast collection, I tried to craft a playlist that featured the softer, romantic side of rock and roll. The finished product was dubbed simply "Valentine's Day Mix", and this was track #1.

At dinner the first course was set, and the wine was being poured. "Hey, Hon, how about starting the music?" asked Andrea. With a knowing smile I hit "play" on the remote with the system cranked to 11. Our female guest jumped out of her chair, hands up ready to fend of some attack. With an utterly confused look on her face, she looks quizzically at me, then at Andrea, then back at me. "Wait. What? That can't be right. What?"

Meanwhile, Andrea's head was in her hands and she was muttering something along the lines of "Oh my word..."

But dude and I were high-fiving and fist bumping the rest of the night.




No comments: