Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Rock-tober: Day 2

In the late 80's you would only find a few cassette tapes in my car, and Whitesnake's self titled album was one of them. This release was chock full of great tracks, but by far my favorite was "Here I Go Again". When I first heard the opening lyrics, "I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been." I was thinking "Holy crap, this song was written for me. Why, this could be my personal anthem." Pfft. Silly teenager, you have no frackin' clue. A few decades later, the lyrics still resonate, just without all the teenage angst.

Oh, and the video didn't hurt either.




Shortly after we got the '67, I was watching this vid when Andrea was in the room.
"Hey, Andrea, check this out. We could probably..."
"No."
"Wait, it would be pretty cool if..."
"No."
"Seriously, just a few shots is all..."
"No."

She was a good sport about it.


No comments: