Friday, October 11, 2013

Rock-tober: Day 11

"Gee, Wayne, most of the stuff you're posting came out of the 70's. Just how old are you?"

Shut up. Remember, good music is timeless. But to satisfy you youngsters who can't relate to bell bottoms, exhaust belching big blocks, and be-bopping down the street with a tinny transistor radio held to your ear, let's fast forward to the 80's - at least for a while.

Personally, I didn't get the whole glam rock image Poison and their brethren were portraying back then, but I loved their music. Surveying my collection, Poison makes up the bulk of my big hair band tracks with the possible exception of Bon Jovi, but that's another post.

Poison's range is impressively wide. They released the soulful ballads "Something to Believe In", "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", and even a pretty good cover of The Marshall Tucker Band's "Can't You See". Remember them form Rock-tober Day 5? Like I said, good music is timeless. These guys can rock it out, too, and my favorite from this side of their house is "Nothin' But a Good Time".

C.C. DeVille leads the charge on guitar, and the rest follow on a song best enjoyed on the open road. For my part, windows are down, shades are on, and the stereo is cranked. Like a buddy of mine says, it's time to "drive it like I stole it."



No comments: